A widely known typical technique as well into BIOS is by utilizing the devoted perform key throughout the system startup. The draw back of this technique is that the perform key isn’t the identical for each Dell system and customers solely get seconds of time to press the important thing. For the opposite strategies, customers must boot into the working system.
From the Initial Display Screen
The most handy technique of getting into into the BIOS on Dell gadgets is from the Initial Display Screen. When the pc is powered on and the producer emblem is displayed, you possibly can press particular keys and enter the BIOS.
On Dell gadgets, observe these steps to entry the BIOS.
- Press the Power button to start out the pc. If it’s already powered on, restart it.
- When you see the producer’s title and emblem, press the F2 key. If requested, enter the password.
The key you must press to enter as a way to enter the BIOS could differ in keeping with the mannequin you personal. Here is the listing of Dell fashions, together with their respective BIOS entry perform keys.
|Device Model||Function Keys to Access BIOS|
|Dell400||F3 or F1|
|Older Dell Computers||Ctrl + Alt + Enter|
From the Recovery Environment
This technique will solely work if the BIOS mode is UEFI. In the case of Legacy BIOS, you must use the primary technique to entry it. Here are the steps you must test the BIOS mode in your Windows Device.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
msinfo32and hit enter to launch the System Information window.
- Search for the BIOS mode particulars within the System Summary.
- Check whether it is UEFI or Legacy.
Access the UEFI BIOS by means of the Recovery Environment utilizing these steps.
- Go to the Power choices from the beginning menu.
- Click on the Restart button whereas holding down the Shift key.
- The pc restarts and boots into the Advanced Recovery Environment.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click on Restart.
- Finally, the system will restart and enter the BIOS.
You can discuss with our different article to get into the Windows restoration setting and entry the superior choices.
From the Command Prompt
It is just not potential to straight open the BIOS utilizing the Command Prompt. However, you can begin up within the Recovery setting utilizing a command line after which navigate to the BIOS.
- Press Ctrl + X and click on on Windows Terminal (Admin).
- Click on Yes to run the Command Prompt with elevated privileges.
- Now, enter this command line and hit Enter.
shutdown.exe /r /o
- Your system will now restart and enter the Recovery Environment.
- Choose the Troubleshoot choice.
- Then go to Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings, and click on on Restart.
- You will now get booted to the BIOS (UEFI).
- Additionally, If you wish to extract some data with out booting into the BIOS in your dell pc, you are able to do it utilizing Windows PowerShell.
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
powershelland press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Now, kind this syntax and hit enter.
Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_BIOS | Format-List *
- You will get the BIOS particulars like model, product serial quantity, and different totally different data.
From the Shortcut
You can create a shortcut for the restoration setting and entry the BIOS from it very simply.
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Go to New > Shortcut.
- Paste this below the situation area within the Create Shortcut window and click on on Next.
shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
- Give a reputation for the shortcut and click on on Finish. This will create a shortcut in your desktop.
- Open the shortcut file as well into the Recovery Environment.